Wide Wide Wildblood World

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Alan Retires Prematurely



On May 11 I fondly said farewell to Titelbild GmbH. The photo was taken in the morning just after I moved the frame to the red-letter day on the calendar in my office. The "dishonorable discharge" was celebrated at Brigantino da Giovanni in Berlin with family and 10 current and former translating and subtitling colleagues on May 9. I was on vacation in Bavaria, Austria, Slovakia, Czechia and Poland until May 31. My wife and I biked from beautiful Schärding near Passau to Bratislava with Polish friend Ewa Madon and a Mercerville and Steinert classmate, Gail Johnston Willis, and better half Jim. My official date of retirement after 47 years of service, without a single day off sick, to four companies - Lee Wildblood, Walter de Gruyter, Office of the Naval Advisor and Titelbild - was June 1, 2007. Now I will have more time for homemaking, genealogy and church history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home