Wide Wide Wildblood World

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Overweight on a Barrel of Fun


Alan has overdone it again. At the Laci Pince Csárda near Vászoly he and his traveling companion stopped their bikes at noon, September 5, 2009, for a meal. The wine cellar high above Lake Balaton was recommended by Vinociped's Gabor in his Balaton Uplands tour guide. The Polish-American travelers failed on Tuesday at the beginning of the six-day pedaling adventure to find the place. But on the way back to Tihany and Veszprem they had more luck. The tandem arrived just after 12 noon on Saturday and ordered Szürkebarát wine, a liter. Literally Gray Friend, aka Pinot Grigio. Marysia had veal with cream and sauerkraut and Alan selected beef stew. Further explanation in post below.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Alan,

Good morning. I'm John Coritz and am happy to say hello. My Mom's neighbor Joyce, who now owns your childhood home, found this blog link and sent it over. I'm glad to say that everything is well. I enjoyed reading your blog and congratulations on your retirement. I've been quite the world traveler as well and am happy to reconnect with you. I hope all is well. I'll write again soon. Regards, John

3:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My email address is the following:
jcoritz@gmail.com

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home